In other news, not that the above was news at all, this is finals week. Hence, I'm almost done with classes. Hence, it's almost time for vacation. Hence, I shall soon see my dear ol' dad and my ol' big brother. But unfortunately, things must look down before they can look up.
ie. This has officially been the worst semester ever.
The Agenda:
1.) 2nd semester Modern Algebra. No, this algebra is not high school algebra as you may (or may not) know it. Modern algebra is pretty much pure nonsense in abstract terms. That's about as far as I'll go into that. Exams-wise, in this class I have a third midterm (a take-home exam) due on the day of its final exam. Now, that's just mean.
2.) 1st semester Real Analysis. This class basically covers what would be gone over in high school algebra up through pre-calculus, but instead of just calculating what the values may be, we must prove why that is the value that it ought to be in the first place. Exams-wise, this final exam is to be taken 15 minutes following the modern algebra final. Now, that's bogus.
3.) Complex Analysis. Ever heard of complex numbers? Those are the numbers you get when you have that imaginary number i, equalling the square root of -1. Unfortunately, you can't use the same rules as real numbers when you're talking about complex numbers, so we had a semester to learn algebra, geometry, and a bunch of other nonsense pertaining to complex numbers. I think this could have been a fun class if the teacher wasn't so heinous. Luckily, the take-home final was due yesterday, and this class is over and done for. Thank goodness.
Once this semester is over, all I'll have left for my math major are two classes. Two more math classes, and then I can graduate next spring. I'm excited to get it all over with.
4 comments:
As for the comment about you going to Norway, that's awesome. I agree; America is arrogant. We have also showed poor judgement in the past on numerous things. It's unfortunate.
My brother has been updating his facebook status just about every other day. [Apparently internet is rare, but cheap.] He sounds like he's having a good time and I'm really glad he is. Recent relationship troubles have left him upset and he could use this positive, meaningful experience.
Thanks for the hug, it helped, and yeah, it's turned out pretty well I'm glad to say. :]
I'm hoping I can get a lot more done this weekend when I have time to focus on it.
Oh man, that stinks! But you'll make it through, of course. I personally don't like math, but will take AP Calc my senior year. Not exactly thrilled about that. Eh, there's still time to change my mind, take something easier.
Good luck on the car search. If I ever could afford it, I'd buy a hybrid. Perhaps by the time I own one, cars--of any kind--will be taboo. We will just teleport. Wishful thinking, no? Still, hybrid is cool.
I think I've babbled long enough.
Goodness. Good luck on the finals.
Goodness. Good luck on the finals.
ah jeez, i'm almost done with algebra 2 as a freshman in hs, and i think my mind is about to explode. haha. good luck, on finals and receiving all of your credits to graduate!
- a
Post a Comment