7.15.2010

On random repeat.


by Mari

I received this award from the rice-krispies-eating wonder, Lizzie. Thanks, woman. Although, I don't really like the idea of forced awards, if that makes any sense. It's the same reason I don't enjoy holidays, because they're so forced. But never mind me. It's the thought that counts.


The rules:
1.) Get very excited that you won. YAYYYY!
2.) Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award.
a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight or for as long as you can focus.
b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
c) Write a "Soundtrack of Your Childhood" post.
d) Make your next blog post a vlog (video post). Basically talk to the camera about whatever you want.
e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning before you do anything else (hair, make-up, etc.) and post it.
3.) Pass the award to at least 3 (or more!) other bloggers, but don't forget to tell them!

I was tempted to go with E since it's the simplest, but I look and sound unrecognizable in the mornings. Sleep does terrible things to my body. The other option was B, but I never remember my embarassing moments. Probably to block out the memory of things so traumatizing. So instead, I'll try to interpret what C means, because I only have an idea.

Does C mean "write a list of songs from the years you were a child" or "write a list of songs that represent how your childhood was"? I think I'll go with the first option, starting from when I was 6 to the time I was 18, one for each year for songs that were very memorable to me.

1. 1995 - "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal
2. 1996 - "Who Will Save Your Soul" by Jewel
3. 1997 - "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind
4. 1998 - "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
5. 1999 - "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer
6. 2000 - "Smooth" by Santana featuring Rob Thomas
7. 2001 - "I'm Like a Bird" by Nelli Furtado
8. 2002 - "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton
9. 2003 - "Swing-Swing" by All American Rejects
10. 2004 - "Only One" by Yellowcard
11. 2005 - "Look What You've Done" by Jet
12. 2006 - "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco
13. 2007 - "The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls

That's it! Not very eventful, but brings back a lot of memories. I'll pass this award along to Scarlett, Driae, and Kait. Sorry for being so forced. <3

Today I shall be going to see Monty Python's Spamalot! I'm pretty excited. I requested today off, and I'm glad I did because it's the only day off I was given this week from work. Kinda sucks!

Also what kinda sucks a lot, Granma was let go. He didn't make the probation period because management wasn't fond of him for some reason, even though everyone else thought he was a great worker. I cried for about ten minutes under my hat when I found out, because I thought I'd never see him again--a repeat from when he was laid off in December. But after that cry, I felt fine, like it's no big deal. So far, he's not entirely ignoring my emails, but I still feel like I really won't see him again. My regret is that I never got a picture of the two of us.

No comments: