
By Izabela Matuszyńska
What, you don't remember me? I used to write in this blog called "Fact Not Fiction" and blew your mind. Remember?
Personally, I didn't remember until literally four minutes prior to typing this sentence, when I thought, "Hey, self. It's been too long, and you should update your blog since so many good things have happened in your life. Maybe you should share with these wonderful internet folks." [The encouragement helped, too.]
How about I start by picking up where I left off in my last post? My job shadowing with a dosimetrist helped me in the phone interview I landed with my top choice dosimetry program that I applied to. The interview went very well, enough for me to be accepted into the program! I didn't find out until later that I was one of six applicants who were accepted into the program out of about thirty or so people.
Since the program is located in Texas, I'll have to be moving out soon. My mom took me there last weekend to scope out neighborhoods around the medical center for a place to stay. I managed to find a room for rent in a house belonging to this really sweet woman. The house is on a two acre lot with a pool, a straight shot on the freeway to the medical center.
Of course, it wasn't all business in Texas. My mom and I visited downtown as well as the local art museum and botanical garden where I took some pictures.

Back in April/May, I went on a week long vacation to Washington D.C. to see the sights as a graduation present. My mom and I visited a lot of different museums, but I think we agree that our favorite is the Smithsonian Museum National Gallery of Art alongside the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. There we saw an IMAX documentary "Born To Be Wild", a very poignant film about two women in different parts of the world raising orphaned baby animals, which I highly recommend viewing at some point!
My mom and I went to an interactive play called "Shear Madness" and the Kennedy Center. Basically it's up to the audience who the murderer was; it was a very clever play. We also visited the aquarium and zoo and botanical garden where I took even more photographs:


That would be the last of my out of city adventures. I'll be moving down to Texas in August and so my mom and I planned a going away party for myself to take place in July so people could have a chance to say goodbye if they wanted to. My boss seemed disappointed that I would still have three weeks left of work after my going away party so there couldn't be a roast about me to say/do to me what they couldn't before now, which left me both relieved and curious.
Also, a romance has blossomed in my life. It's just unfortunate that I won't be able to continue to pursue this relationship because of my departure in August for a full year. Hopefully nothing will change and we can pick up where we left off when I get back. If I get back. If I don't fall in love in Texas. If he doesn't change his mind, too. I wish he would come with me, but we haven't been dating long enough for such a huge step. And now that I think about it, he'd be a terrible distraction from my studies. ...I guess it's for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment