I befriend people rather easily, they just don't often become good friends. I have... two good friends, by which I mean I actually make an effort to see these two people again every once in a while. Other people, I simply do not bother with and can live without. I don't mean that in a way that I don't give a crap about them, I just mean that if they were to suddenly vanish from the Earth, say, then I would mourn but it wouldn't take an entirely long time for me to get over their absence. An unlikely scenario, but I'm just saying.
I brought that up because recently I've been thinking about all the "friends" I've made and who have slipped by as time goes on and conditions change. I remember how when they first left I thought I'd miss them to death, but now it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I just thought that kind of odd. I can wave them off now... except for the select few for which I can still regret not having them in my life any longer. To be honest, only one person comes to mind. That's sad.
Today is my "work" anniversary. I have officially worked at this loathesome job for two years. Two whole years. God. And I remember all the times I threatened to quit and yet never did. I intend to celebrate my strength and perserverance by going out to dinner. For steak. Mmm.
2 comments:
I think I understand what you mean. My 19-year-old brother is feeling the same way. He said no to going to a party with all his buds from elementary and middle school.
Gotcha. Yeah, I've got a lot to figure out still. Thanks :]
I also think it's a nice enough camera I can get more serious without being too frustrated [and out that much money] so that I can still decide if I need an SLR or whatever.
I included some of the first few pictures I took with the camera with my yesterday's post, by the way.
I know precisely how you feel. And they make it seem like your friendship is such a big deal, and to you it's just another one?
Maybe this isn't exactly your situation, but I understand the intention of your post.
Post a Comment