I was conveying this to my work friend the other day via myspace messaging, and he said he recognized the feeling. He was trying to help me feel better by giving me advice, saying things like, "Do things you wouldn't normally do, stupid things you can only do when you're young. Spend time with people you don't." Et cetera, et cetera, but I know all these things, and that's what I've been trying to change about myself over the past several years. And I have had my small victories in tiny bits of progress.
I keep thinking something is wrong with me, but my work friend says I think too much. He says that a lot. And I've liked this guy pretty much since day one but he's had a girlfriend the whole time up until about a month ago. I wouldn't dare impose myself on him now though, because I know he doesn't want to date coworkers and I think it would only make him feel awkward, especially since he's been hit on a lot recently. So instead we practice subtle flirting and jokingly call each other "honey" and "dear". Maybe it's better that way.
I feel like sharing a couple of my favorite things.
Circa Survive.
They've been my favorite band for a good and solid five years, now. It's interesting, because the first time I heard them, I thought they were too weird, but once I took the time to listen properly and get used to them as an idea, I liked them. And then I loved them; nearly all of their songs move me. I discovered recently that they have a channel on youtube with several awesome jam sessions. Here's a recent one:
Iumazark.
This is an artist I found on DeviantART whose artwork I find inspirational and original. I love how carefree the lineart is; I've always wished that I could do the same, but I'm too careful. Check out the page: http://iumazark.deviantart.com.

And just a funny video I watched for my anatomy and physiology course. It's worth checking out, trust me.
2 comments:
I completely understand how you feel. Until recently I thought I was some anti-social loner who prefers my own company, but after meeting Elizabeth and then having to part, all I want to do is hang out and meet new people that are like her. I feel lonely.
The heart video is very funny!
You've mentioned Circa Survive a few times. Now, I'll check them out.
There is nothing wrong with you! I think that yes you shouldn't always stay within your comfort zone because then you'll never have new experiences or learn new ideas but sometimes you have to accept who you are. For example I always tried to force myself to go to parties with my friends where they got wasted or go to the club on the weekend where the got wasted before we left because I thought I was not doing "exciting things." I had an awful time though. I would much rather go to a movie or museum, read a book, or hang out with my friends when they are sober. I might be "less exciting" but I would rather do what makes me happy. I did give it a try though!
Your work is crawling with sweet, attractive men? Jealous!
That video was hilarious! It's so true!
Post a Comment