7 Interesting Things About Myself1. I'm a sucker for scarves, currently owning thirteen. Although, I would have fourteen would it not be for the fact that I had lost one. Twas one of my favorites, too; I got it in the men's department. Anyway, to the left is my own personal scarf monster. She's really shy, obviously. In her spare time, she smokes and tempts trails of ants to sneak into the closet using imaginary bits of donuts.
And, big news, I am currently making my first scarf ever. I don't know crocheting lingo, so bear with me. My grandma taught me how to crochet a single chain when I was really small, so that's pretty much all I ever knew how to do, and I ended up making this elongated skinny purple chain of yarn that stretched from one end of the house to the other.
But recently, my mom taught me how to go back and forth and make different patterns depending on which threads you pull and loop, so now I can make a simple rectangular shape, and therefore a scarf. This makes me happy. It will turn out swimmingly, I'm sure.
2. I'm a fan of sprinting. I used to be cool like The Fonz when it came to running. In middle school, I would race all the boys during lunch and kick ass, of course. Sometimes I'd end up going so fast it felt like I ought to have been flying, it was fantastic. Then in high school I'd race friends during PE, and sometimes I even get to race someone at work now, if anyone feels up to it. I sometimes find myself with this urge to just run as fast as I can. It's been a while, though.
3. I can make a Jacob's Ladder in six seconds. I developed this skill out of boredom and my friends' and I's competitive natures while travelling on a bus to a girl scout camp in fifth grade. By the way, Girl Scouts sucked a bunch.
4. There was a family reunion over in Norway when I was eleven that I managed to attend. Luckily, many people spoke English, so I didn't feel like a complete outsider. I ended up learning how to count to ten in Norwegian, as well as acquired a scar on my right elbow from slipping on tile at a pool hall. There was blood everywhere. Yeah. Okay, it wasn't like a massacre, but I couldn't so much as tap my elbow for a good week or two without a lot of pain. And the scar is still there. So you know that old wivestale about scars being on your skin for seven years before going away? Totally mythological.
5. The other day I found my old Gameboy Color in my junk drawer. Isn't it funny how things like this bring back so many memories? Like when I saw it, I had flashbacks of being a heck of a lot younger and sitting on the floor beside my bunkbed, listening to Alien Ant Farm and playing Zelda on this Gameboy. And my mom used to play Tetris pretty much all the time on it, too. She gasped when she saw me bring out Tetris for her and started cooing and pleading for me to let her play. It was adorable.
6. If I were rich, I would have a gigantic t-shirt collection of witty quotes, dry humor, cutesy things, or pure awesomeness. Currently in my possession, "Size Matters" and "Teamwork":
And here's even a wishlist:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
7. For those of you who don't know, I used to make comics on top of the drawing and photography. The main character's name is Lemonii, who is often accompanied by Appul. Guest stars include Professor Lemonii and Dr. Peanut. For a full set of comics, see my specialized DeviantART.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
7. For those of you who don't know, I used to make comics on top of the drawing and photography. The main character's name is Lemonii, who is often accompanied by Appul. Guest stars include Professor Lemonii and Dr. Peanut. For a full set of comics, see my specialized DeviantART.



2 comments:
I am a scarf sucker as well. Wait that sounds like an evil monster who eats scarves. I mean like them alot like you. I have numberous scarves, too many to count. Probably 17 at least.
My grandmother tried teaching me knitting and crocheting but I was one of those bouncing off the walls ADHD children who could not sit still. I did love making those animal keychains out of beads. We would do that together all the time. I still want to be able to knit something one day.
You should join a track team! I am a fan of long distance running. I like the steady pace.
I found my Gameboy color a few months ago. Super Mario Bros. was still in it. Sahweet!
You should design tee shirts one day since you love graphic tees and you are talented. Just an idea : )
I am a scarf sucker as well. Wait that sounds like an evil monster who eats scarves. I mean like them alot like you. I have numberous scarves, too many to count. Probably 17 at least.
My grandmother tried teaching me knitting and crocheting but I was one of those bouncing off the walls ADHD children who could not sit still. I did love making those animal keychains out of beads. We would do that together all the time. I still want to be able to knit something one day.
You should join a track team! I am a fan of long distance running. I like the steady pace.
I found my Gameboy color a few months ago. Super Mario Bros. was still in it. Sahweet!
You should design tee shirts one day since you love graphic tees and you are talented. Just an idea : )
Post a Comment