10.02.2009

Only a little bit hopeful.


by Judith Sombilon

I'm feeling a little better about things. I'm not stressing over linear algebra anymore because I've come to terms with the fact that I'm probably not going to pass and so I don't have much in the realm of high expectations. Meanwhile, I'm doing great in my other classes, and that makes me feel good.

Granma is being a tiny bit more of a better friend, too. He actually accepted one of my requests to hang out the other day. We didn't do much of anything, because it was late and after work, so we just watched a couple of episodes of The Simpsons and were laying still in bed and in silence for quite some time. I suppose he probably fell asleep for a bit, but I couldn't shut my eyes if I wanted to.

I think that's all I really needed from him: some sort of confirmation that we are at least sort of friends, still, after our break up. I got a good hug from him at the end of the night. I'm not expecting anything along the lines of his liking me again, although I wonder what ever happened with that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I'm doing just fine.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

that photo made me smile, and not just because it told me to. ha.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. They always help. And yes, I'll be giving a good account of everything that happens at Homecoming. I didn't go last year so we'll see what happens.

yay for doing just fine! :]