
by Dilara Serçe
According to a coworker, I have the walk of a gunslinger. Whatever that means.
The other week my mom was being all prophetic when she was warning me about gaining winter weight. Well it happened, like it always does. Not by so much quite yet, but I did notice enough for me to check on the scales. Eight pounds? Eh. I just need to go back to my old eating habits again and not consume dessert every night.
Thanksgiving week is going to suck a lot. For one thing, I have an exam the day before that fateful holiday. Thank you, oh organic chemistry professor. Thanks so much. And I am stressing about it because I hardly know much of anything at all and I hardly have time to study for it. We'll see what happens.
Granma's being a butthead again. First he's all moody and then he comes and sits by me during lunch. He doesn't really listen when I talk to him, though. I was telling him about these new shirts that I got online while he was reading some comics from the newspaper, but all he managed was a vague nod and a preposterous excuse of a courtesy laugh when I chuckled at my own joke.
Hmm... I guess he's just the type of person who needs company but not a companion, you know what I mean? He said that's what he likes about me, that I don't talk much and that it's really annoying to be around people who chatter constantly. Hah. Of course.
But I'm getting mixed opinions on what I should do about Granma. One of them says I should wait it out because she is certain our relationship will blossom again eventually. Another says that it was never meant to be because we're too different in the sense that we have different opinions of what's fun to do and what will you have after that?
1 comment:
First of all, I love the photo within your post! It's beautiful. I am sorry about your organic chemistry exam... But I guess the up side is that it is before thanksgiving and not after. That way you wont have to worry about it over the holiday!
I am struggling in biology, next semester I was going to take O chem.... but then I decided that I don't even know what i'm majoring in, so there is no point in torturing myself. right?
I love your blog, I'll have to stop by more often!
-jocelyn
Post a Comment