6.19.2010

This is the longest mile.


My mom has a talent for ruining things. Her life, her career, her friendships, her romances, her body. I feel like she has a need to be hated, because that's what she knew and grew up with. She drinks wine, even after I told her I don't want her to drink anymore--no one likes her that way. In fact, I can't stand her whens he drinks. I hate her when she drinks. But I love her when she doesn't, and she has a hard time retaining that information because she gets so caught up in the negative all of the time.

I know she's only looking out for me when she shows her concern for my hanging out with Granma again, but I don't want to hear it. She doesn't know the whole story and I hate that she feels like she knows more than I do about him. There's one thing I know--Granma is not a great boyfriend, but he is a great friend. So that's all I want. And considering that Granma was the one who broke up with me last year, I'm sure that all he wants is friendship, as well. So we're both happy, even with just a dash of angst.

If I had a superhuman ability, it'd be time shifting. I'd want to be able to go back in time to change events, and pause and slow down time to bask in a moment.

I don't need to go into the future... there's no reason for that.

1 comment:

lucy said...

I know what you mean. I wish I could control time as well. I would change so much, and live my life all over again- the good and the bad.