9.27.2010

Like the '30s.

Whoaaaa, new drawing!


It's supposed to be James McAvoy. My mom insists that it really does look like him (and she's usually pretty honest about my works), but I don't believe it. Regardless, it's a portrait of someone.

I'm starting to read a book I purchased for my mom as a gift. I don't know if she read it or not... Maybe she tried but couldn't continue? Who knows. But I'm giving it a try--it's called Christine Falls. I'm on page 49 and I still don't know who Christine Falls is.

Work today wasn't bad at all. It was really slow and we were very productive, so there was a heck of a lot of down time and joking around. I was moving a trash can and noticed how heavy it was, commenting on it to Johnathan. He shrugged, and I gasped, "Is it a dead body?" Johnathan nodded seriously, and then I said, "You know dead bodies are supposed to go in the compost, not the trash." We busted up laughing for several minutes. That line should be in a movie somewhere.

Ah, good times.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

I shall sound like a creeper when I say I love you, but I do. That drawing is awesome! Have you done one of him before?

Maggie Shirley said...

That's brilliant! I wish I could draw people as well as you. I'm okay at cartoons, but I would love to be able to draw real people.

I like your blog. I think I shall follow you.

Victoria said...

That drawing is so good.
I saw that book at the bookstore last time I went and was thinking of getting it, it looks pretty good.