Twenty two and a half years I've been alive on this Earth and only now in this summer do I get to experience both the gifting and receiving of love for one another between myself and a boy. ...Or, man, I should say. I'm still not quite in the mindset of adulthood.


I've never been more comfortable with someone not in my family before as I am with him. We'd already been friends for three years before we started dating four months ago, and the whole thing started when I went over to hang out for the first time to get my lap top fixed. If you asked me last year what I'd think about dating him, I would have scoffed at the idea because I used to think of him as a brother and I'm not necessarily attracted to his appearance. Funny how getting to know someone as a whole can make them either more or less attractive.
But it's kind of tragic, I do still have to move to Texas for a year. We plan to reunite as a serious couple once the year is out, but he has a lot of misgivings as to whether I'll still love him after all that time. I assured him, but only time will tell. As he said, time is a powerful thing.
It won't be a whole year until I'd see him again, though! I'll come back to my hometown for a week during the Christmas holidays, and then he'll come to Texas during my spring break to visit me and his mom who happens to be in Texas for several months as well.
I'm excited about the prospect of a serious relationship; I've never had one before, and I'm happy that it's him.
3 comments:
How wonderful to be in love for the first time :)
<3
I'm happy that you're happy! :)
This entry made me smile. I'm really happy for you! <3
Post a Comment