7.23.2009

Smiling is eco-friendly.

Crazy, crazy dream the other night. I'm pretty sure it would have been a nightmare had I not attempted waking myself up.

The dream started out at Granma's house, but there were other people there too besides Granma and myself, like my brother, an old friend from elementary school, and some girl I didn't know. We were all lying on this massive mattress just resting and I ended up falling asleep, because later I woke up and found yet another elementary school friend there doing these weird stretches while standing on the mattress. I noticed it was 5 o'clock in the morning and realized how pissed my mom was going to be when I got home, because she would have been expecting me back hours ago.

Then I was driving on the freeway by myself, it was still dark outside, and there were two cars behind me. Suddenly I realized how quiet it was, and how clearly I could see the environment around me despite it being nighttime. This is when my dream became lucid. I looked around and noticed there were absolutely no cars anywhere, and I turned my head back to see if those two cars were still following me. There wasn't anyone there, and I started hearing this slow beating deep drum, like my subconscious was making an impression of my pounding heartbeats. I started freaking out, obviously. When I began to turn my head back to the front, I wasn't in my car anymore and I was floating in a standing position, and my body started slowly rotating forwards about my center. I felt like I was in danger and tried waking myself up by making my body scream, but I felt so heavy and I couldn't.

Eventually though, before I was completely turned upside down, I managed to wake myself up only to find my heart pounding, muscles aching and tense, my body sweating and feeling heavy and weak.

Like I said, crazy.

So. Six things that I'm smiling about.

1.
Well, this one's on the forefront of my mind, as it is most recent.

I went to Granma's after work today to hang out. There wasn't much on television, unfortunately, since it was the afternoon, but I brought some pretty awesome pizza that I made. Heck to the yes. I introduced him to the best Naruto episode ever (that I've seen so far), and he seemed to be pretty into it, although we only had time to watch half of it. I had to leave earlier than I wanted to because he had made plans to see The Hurt Locker with his parents. Wah.

Well, he walked me to my car, and um. He, uh. Kissed me. I could feel his lips still after a good hour. *sigh* And I shall see him at work tomorrow. Oh, god, a smiley face...

:D

2.
I've got my new baby, a 2009 Nissan Versa. I've named him Milo. A handsome devil, ain't he?


3.
New pictures from the San Francisco trip! Most of them were taken at the San Francisco Botanical Garden, but two were taken on the road.







4.
Sherree Chamberlain's new album, The Wasp in the Room, is finally out after all these years of waiting, thank GOD. Not that I'm religious or anything.


5.
I can eat without pain! You know, after my wisdom teeth extractions last week. No need for pain killers anymore. Awesome possum. And smiling doesn't hurt, so that's good.

6.
I've had pudding three times in the last two weeks. How awesome is that? Sweetawesome, that's what.

3 comments:

Scarlett said...

I'll be sure to try the chocolate mochi!

Yay! You were "sealed with a kiss." For French class we were asked to make a Valentine card, so I drew two seals kissing. :)

New car; that's wicked cool.

Hmm. Is that a vine on a branch OR a garden snake? *crosses fingers and hopes it's a garden snake*

Yes, I also am excited for her CD; I want to buy it!

Kait said...

I have really intense, confusing dreams that I strive to dissect and undestand in my awake state.

A lingering kiss, sigh, hot. lol.

Your botanical garden shots are gorgeous. Seriously I was entranced.

I love chocolate pudding.

shelbyisms said...

Goodness, you're six things induced smiles in ME!

I love those kisses. How I love them! The replay on loops is almost as fun, but not quite, ha.

I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and made the mistake of having Chinese food, including rice. It was not a good idea. Back to chili and smoothies for me, blehhh.