8.19.2009

Oh, blubber.

I had yet another bout of hysterics this morning. I was studying some medical terminology, like I ought to, and stated a fact read verbatim from the textbook when my mother says so matter-of-factly, "No" as if it were so obviously not the case. It really isn't all that hilarious, but I laughed myself into a stupor just the same. My mom thought I was going insane, something I often come to the conclusion about her.

It turns out Granma is going to the same school as me this semester, which is awesome. He's looking into becoming a male nurse, apparently, which is pretty cool. Then we can hang out more often, because I haven't really seen him properly in ages outside of the brief hello's as we pass by each other, and I can help him study some things since I've already taken the classes he's going to take. He's waving fanatically at me again at work; I missed that. We're definitely on friendly terms again, and it makes me so happy.

I still think about him all the time, though. You know, in a romantic sense. I'll need to get over that. Everyone was telling me it's a good thing that we broke up since he didn't show me enough attention or interest, but I miss the feeling of being with him. I keep wanting to say, "Hey, let's get back together" just so I can cuddle up with him under a blanket while watching some obscure movie on pay per view.

Last night was the third night in a row that I had a dream about him, only to find when I wake up that it never happened. That's what tears me apart the most. My subconscious is killing me slowly.

I think I've mentioned my chest pain before? Have I? Anyway, I've had this chest pain for probably five years now, a really sharp sort of throbbing that is intensified when I breathe in deeper, but breathing in all the way is the only means of getting rid of it. This pain is very sporadic in nature; it can show up anywhere from a couple of times a day to once a month, lasting anywhere from a millisecond to thirty seconds. One time it was fifty minutes. That scared the hell out of me, as you can imagine.

The doctors don't know what it is, though. I've had an echocardiogram done and they have ruled out my heart from that little procedure, despite the fact that I wasn't having any pain during the procedure. I didn't suppose it would have shown up anyway, but they seem pretty adamant that it would have shown up if there was some sort of heart problem.

So, who knows what it is. I think they've given up, and I've given up on them. They all seem so unreliable, especially when they charge me so much money for finding out absolutely nothing. I feel like I've just got to ride it out, and some day I'll probably die from some ambiguous disease in twenty years. But I don't think I want to live too old, anyway. I haven't quite made up my mind about that yet.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Coolio about the Granma situation.

I think you have, but don't quote me on that. Goodness, lady! FIVE MINUTES!? Yeesh.

Curse those doctors for billing you for as you said, finding absolutely nothing. I truly hope you can get am accurate diagnosis in the near future (and for cheaper, too!)

Re your comment: yes, I'd love a ridiculously awesome camera for Christmas! We'll see what I can finagle. hehe. I think my birthday in October would be too soon. :]

Kait said...

I'm not saying that you should sit around waiting for Gramma but maybe he will grow up a bit (relationship wise) and one day be prepared to give you the dedication required for a stable relationship. That's cool that you are both interested in the same career field.

I was reading your last post and yeah it's quite ridiculous the price of textbooks. Thankfully my dad picks up the bill but I feel guilty. I miss the day of free public high school books.

Do you think you have anxiety attacks? I suffer from intense chest pains and shortness of breath at times and my doctor ran an EKG and chest xrays and found nothing. I later discovered through numerous doctor visits and counseling that I suffered from anxiety attacks. I have this fear that I am just going to die at any moment though too from some unknown disease they haven't tested me for.

Your photographs in your last post were gorgeous! Oh, and if you still plan on seeing District 9 it is very interesting. A movie that makes you think.

Anonymous said...

Predilection casinos? headway exceeding this advanced [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] chaperon and embody the insight for the benefit of a stick up online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also into our redesigned [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] orientate at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and attainment concluded energy spondulix !
another subordinate [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] get one's hands is www.ttittancasino.com , in lieu of of german gamblers, con freed online casino bonus.