8.16.2009

What the frkhghasldf.

I was going to see District 9 with the supposedly cool kids at work, but they all flaked so I ended up doing laundry and studying me some medical terminology. But hey, at least now I have clean clothes and I know that "encephalorrhaphy" is the suturing of the brain.

My dad came and visited me, too, yes. I spent a lot of money on things.

Purchases:

1. 2 "amber" candles with 2 candle holders.
2. A lap desk with a pillowy underside and space for pencils on the top.
3. A book light clip that I will probably use with #2 for homework and drawing on my bed.
4. A new purse. Mind, I hate purses, but my other one was overused and it always took longer than necessary to find various items because the thing was like a sort of abyss. Plus, this new purse is more grown-up looking, what with the leather, and it goes with everything.
5. A book filled with a collection of hard and very challenging level sudoku puzzles.
6. A sort of ballerina slipper/sock thing, grey with two little black buttons on top near the toes.
7. A filing case. Now I feel so grown up.
8. Lemon iced tea icebreakers. They're pretty much bomb.
9. A set of mini woodless colored pencils that fit within a CD case.
10. A navy blue knee length trenchcoat. Unfortunately the only size available was a large, but I think I'll manage. At least it's roomy.
11. 2 All Time Low albums.

But to think that I still have to go buy textbooks soon, too? A math and a chemistry book, each on their own are always ridiculously expensive. Sucksalot.

My dad bought me a pad for my mattress so I don't have to feel the springs anymore. Ohmagah, it is so pillowy.

We also went out to eat a lot so I pretty much ate way more than I should have, because my belly was fairly rotund afterwards and I had a sort of wobble about me as I walked. And we watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I had intended to watch twice anyway. Then we went to the park and took a bunch of pictures, too.





So overall it was fun, with the exception of his incessant ramblings about his crazy philosophies. He really does push his ideas on you. Like when he's talking to you and you avert your eyes to the right or left, his whole body moves that way a bit so that you will keep looking at him. He's really... yeah.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

What a great day!

District 9 can't top an awesome day with your awesome dad. Oh la la-trench coats are super comfy.

I'll try those lemon iced tea altoids soon enough.

As always, marvelous photographs.