
by Monika Skalak
I propose bringing back the word "tight". I used to say "that's tight" all the time in elementary school and it has fallen into some sort of abyss and we must rescue it! Why? I don't know, I'm just being nostalgic again.
I parked my car on campus and there's a pathway that's lined with trees that I take on my way to class. As I walk along I realize that each of these trees are staring at me with googly eyes. You know, the ones your elementary school teachers supplied you during your arts and crafts session? Literally, each tree had a pair of googly eyes and of course I couldn't help but giggle. I just really appreciate the sort of people who go about and do silly things like this to make others smile.
The sky looks like it's about to rain, but I'm sitting outside anyways, however wrapped up in a scarf and drinking peppermint hot chocolate. I heard it's supposed to start raining tomorrow, so I'm hoping I don't get rained on now, but I'm next to a building in case the weather people made a mistake and I need to make a quick gettaway.
Granma and I raced each other yesterday after work. I felt like sprinting and he agreed to race me. I was pretty sure he'd be fast because he's got that sort of a build and his legs get a work out every day at work, so I wasn't expecting to win. And I didn't, but sprinting makes me feel so good, even if I am panting like crazy afterwards. Granma didn't share this belief so much, but I'm hoping he'll keep racing me until I beat him. Heh, who knows, it could happen. I didn't lose by that much after all.
I'm looking forward to seeing Where The Wild Things Are. Although, I hardly remember the book as I haven't read it since I was so small.
5 comments:
I LOVE SAYING TIGHT. I say it all the time
I'm super excited for WTWTA...but i think it's just because the wild things look so cuddly.
I really dislike the word EPIC or EPICWIN.
Yes! I'm excited for Where the Wild Things Are. The trailer is fantastic.
haha, if my dad payed attention to commericals other than those of sports, he would proably say the same. (:
hello, i'm sketch. i was lure here while typing pinky and the brain, how random is that? like your blog post. somehow the words has alot of feelings attached to it, love it.
haha, a teacher who then apologizes profusely after solving the mystery of the abandoned cupcakes.
You'll have to tell us how Where the Wild Things Are is, even though I'm sure you would anyway.
:]
Post a Comment