11.07.2009

Golly gee whiz, mister.


by MooNyk

My left leg is falling asleep. Rather violently, however, what with the stinging.

I hope time slows down a bit again. I noticed that the month of July went by really slowly and then from August until now, time has just flown by, and the only thing that can be related to the change is that I was with Granma in July.

Maybe we're making some progress. I fake-frown at him through the window sometimes while I'm working, because that's how we roll at work. After checking to see if anyone else was around first, he cheered me up by miming himself going down an elevator. It worked. He was pretty cute.

A coworker I don't like much or see often asked us if we were dating. I don't know what Granma did, but I just said no rather quietly. Afterwards I thought I should have said, "I wish!" but you never think of the best thing to say at the most opportune time.

But after that, he stopped to talk to me for no reason whatsoever. He's got a maintenance position now, so he was getting a wet washcloth from the breakroom while I was up there and sat beside me suddenly, just looking at me while I was listening to music on my iPod and then asked how I was.

"Uh. I'm pretty good. Are you on your break?"

"Nope."

"Oh. Alright. What's that for?" I asked, indicating the damp cloth laying across his knee.

"I've got to clean the tops of the vending machines downstairs."

"Sucks for you."

And the he gets up to leave to do said chore. I thought that was rather out of character for him, but I certainly didn't mind some sort of attention. Like instead of walking past the window without looking, he full on turns his body towards me and sticks his tongue out, now. He's more playful and less evasive. I like it.

I saw him leaving at the end of the night and he stopped to talk to me even though we were walking in separate directions.

"I didn't know we were getting out early tonight, so I was working hella slow."

"You didn't finish then?"

"Nope."

Then we started walking off on our own ways before I turned and shouted to him even though there were other people around.

"Want to hang out tomorrow!?"

He turns around, "Yeah, sure." Then keeps walking and remembers, "When?"

"After work."

"I'm meeting up with my parents after work."

"Oh." Then I turn to walk away, and then back, "What about before work then? I don't start until 3!"

By this time we were probably 50 feet away, shouting at each other, it was really ridiculous.

"I don't start until 1:30. Want to go to the mall?" At least, I think that's what he said.

"Yeah, okay. Email me!" And I had to rush off because I was holding everyone else up, but smiling like mad.

I don't want to make a big deal of it though, especially if it's not in the end. I try not to give my hopes up, but sometimes I just can't help it.

My email:
what are you shopping for? and when! and how!
i feel camera trigger happy so lemme take your picture, pleeease. pretty please?
oh, man. i'm gonna kick your butt if you don't respond to this email, too.


But he did email me back for the first time in two months:
well i responded, just three hrs later haha. i need to pick up a new pair of shoes. pics only if you got the velvet. bed time i'll call you in the morning.. smell you later

Velvet, referring to the incident where I asked to take his portrait before, and he said that he'd do it only if he was shirtless and laying in velvet. Ha-larious.

Should I be excited but potentially give my hopes up again? We're acting like we were before we started going out, again. Oh, I don't know. But I am currently rather happy.

2 comments:

Kait said...

First your new header is lovely.
Second I hope things go smoothly with you and Gramma second time around!

Scarlett said...

=) The shouting at each other many feet apart is adorable. It's something that I can picture being in a movie. In fact, it should be in a movie.
I like playfulness. I enjoy making random silly faces at my friends or giving them a playful push. It's fun acting like a child.
I truly do hope things work out with Granma and yourself!! I forward you all the luck I might behold.
The velvet joke is priceless xP

I adore your blog header. I am envious of it and your entire blog as a whole C: