1.12.2010

What's another catastrophe.


by Felicia

I think not having Granma around at work ever since he's been laid off has helped me finally let go of him. Still I reminisce, yes, but I'm not yearning for his presence, and thank goodness I don't feel alone anymore. I'm not bothering to email him a questioning goodbye, either. I'm half hoping that he never comes back, otherwise I'll just be forced to remember every time he'd come into my range of vision just how happy I could be.

My 21st birthday is coming up soon, on the 27th. I feel ridiculous in thinking of myself as an adult, like I'm being pushed into a crowded room I don't want to be in. In my opinion, it's never going to happen for real. I'll always just be a kid doing adult things. I mean, who ever grows up, really? Even my grandparents think of themselves as kids still. And how bizarre does that sound.

These days are meshing together so much that I can't really tell them apart, they all seem so similar. I need to do something different. Ah, this is why I end up aching to go back to school, even though when I'm in school I'd be angsting over the days when I wouldn't have to think about a single thing. The grass is always greener on the other side.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I wish I could fully let go of this one guy. There's just something about him. Another school year after this and he'll be off to college and perhaps then I can cut the cord.

Oh, and thank you, I love my long hair as well. Its ends are in definite need of a snip, though.

Have a fantastical weekend, my dear. :D