
by Elif Sanem KarakoƧ
Finally. FINALLY. Finallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinally.
Done with school.
(For this semester).
Organic Chemistry was the bane of my existence. I'm sure it rivalled in difficulty with a couple of my upper division math courses. Yesterday, the day before my final exam, I didn't have any classes, but I set my alarm for 8:00am, ate breakfast, and studied from 8:30am-11:00pm with appropriate breaks. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done. Unfortunately, I have to pick up more organic chemistry again for this summer's MCAT prep course. At least I have two weeks off...
What am I gonna do in that time? I don't know. Maybe I'll visit my friend. Maybe we'll go to Six Flags in Vallejo. Maybe I'll go to the theaters a lot. Maybe I'll read some books and draw some portraits. It'll be nice to relax indefinitely for a change.
I went out to lunch today with my brother, had some teriyaki chicken at the Cheesecake Factory. Everything they make is a knee slapping good time in your mouth. Then I went and bought myself a new, firmer pillow, which is going for a test drive tonight. I'm excited. For a pillow. Yep.
I may or may not post my grades once I get them. I think they're pretty predictable, for the most part. A in Spanish, f'sure. Probably a B in organic chemistry lab... and who knows in organic chemistry lecture. My grades have been all over the place, and she doesn't curve anything except for the final exam grade. I'm guessing a C. Hopefully a B-, but that might be stretching it. I think my "at least a B-" streak will end this semester, after... oh, seven years? That's what you get when you have a hard course and a hard teacher and no curve. Sad, especially when I imagine I could have done just fine with a different instructor.
But you know what? Who cares. The senioritis is setting in.
No comments:
Post a Comment