
by Julia Davis
I'm bad. Bad to the bone.
Bad only because I'm here rather than rewriting an essay that's due in two days. Rewriting because I apparently messed up the entire thing. Messed up because I totally mistook fluorine to have its own splitting pattern in proton NMR spreadsheets.
[What did she just say, now?]
I know it's stupid to say, but I need another vacation. My chemistry professor is starting to irk the hell out of me. And no, I'm not getting a break this summer because I'm taking an MCAT prep course (really expensive) for the test on August 5th. I'm anxious.
On the MCAT: General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Basic Physics, Biology, Analytical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Critical Thinking, Critical Reading, Intellectual Organization, and Written Communication.
If you ask me, that's a lot. Luckily though, I managed to enroll in a prep course whose final class day is just five days before the MCAT exam, so everything should be fresh in my mind.
In other news, I've drawn yet another portrait. However this one is different from all the others because it's of TWO PEOPLE. I've never had more than one person in a portrait before, mainly because it's so difficult to get just one face right. But this looks great, and I'm really proud of myself.

My mom and step dad. Aww, snuggles.
I also took a bunch of pictures in the park since I noticed that flowers were starting to bloom all over the place. Finally I got a chance to capture some bokeh, among other things:



1 comment:
ugh, i am starting to really hate chemistry. but i do love bokeh! and that portrait you drew. very jealous.
re: been having tons of trouble sleeping so i end up staying awake the whole night. that and the fact that my upstairs neighbour thinks it's fun to play drunken tag at 3 in the morning! heh.
Post a Comment