
by Ania Kosik
Listy listful lists.
1. I've had a pretty bad case of the allergies this weekend, so much so that I thought I was sick. The woman at the clinic told me though that I wasn't really sick at all, and that I should either stay inside or move to the coast. Both of which are quite the inconvenience.
2. I finally ended up emailing the chemistry department chair about my teacher in order to challenge a grade she gave me on my essay--a completely bogus grade. It's been five days and I have yet to get a response. Maybe the department chair hasn't read it at all since I accidentally sent the email with "no subject" and a document attached.
3. A professor from the math department emailed me to inform me that I've been one of ten selected out of all of the math majors to join Pi Mu Epsilon, a national mathematics honorary society. A really nice touch on my future resume, yes, but I find it ironic that I don't want to have anything to do with higher mathematics ever again after finishing up my major requirements last semester.
4. About three years ago, I took anatomy and physiology with a professor whom became very impressed with both my smarts in his class and my artistic skills. He has kept in touch with me about once a year since he'd moved to work as a professor in some other university in Arizona. Just a couple of days ago, he emailed me to say hello and to help guide me into a career choice he thought would suit me: biomedical art and illustration. Apparently there's a real masters of science degree for this field of drawing biomedical illustrations. How cool is that? If radiology doesn't work out for me, then I know where to go. Also, he offered me letters of recommendation for when I apply to medical schools, advice, as well as an easy admission into the university he's currently teaching at, since he's with the board of admissions. What an awesome dude.
5. I gained weight again. Mainly because desserts are my favorite and I've been refusing to go with my brother to play soccer on Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, I'm back to eating three meals a day. People say that's good for you, but I'm sure it isn't, because that's when I especially gain weight. And I'm just a lazy bastard. People who aren't active shouldn't eat as much as people who are. I'd work out before bed at home (which I used to do when my brother wasn't staying with us), but my brother is always in the room before I go to sleep and there's not enough space. [Excuse,excusexcusexcusexcusessss.] I need motivation.
1 comment:
What an awesome professor! The field of biomedical illustrations definitely sounds like something you'll excel in while having a blast at the same time.
I haven't weighed myself in weeks, but I'm sure I've gained a few pounds considering the container of brownies on the table before me. :)
I need motivation generally.
Congrats on the nomination to the Pi Mu Epsilon!
Post a Comment