8.14.2010

Yes, I'm alright.


by Nikoline

Graduating is a pretty big deal after being in school your entire life. A little celebration is in order. Well, my mom came up with the idea of a museum tour of Europe. WHAT?! AWESOME!!!

Yes, I am so unbelievably excited to go to Madrid, Paris, and London. Of course, it's not all said and done--my mom needs to make sure that she'll be able to get the two weeks off from her new job.

Meanwhile, my own job is a flump. If that's a word. I used to look at my job as being either good or bad depending on who else is there that day. But now that all the cool people have gone or switched departments, it's always super lame and nauseatingly excruciating to endure a shift. My back pain that I get from working is not masked by any delight to be near awesome people because they are not there. I cannot work with my boss and many of the newer employees. I need a change, but I don't see any forks in the road any time soon.

Today I got together with a friend of mine who is transferring to UC Berkeley in two weeks. We went to go see The Other Guys. It was pretty funny. Not as funny as Dinner for Shmucks, which was freakin' hilarious. But she returned the Twilight saga I lent her to read over the past year and recommended The Hunger Games, although I'm not sure she was too convinced by its supposed greatness.

No productivity this week, it seems, outside of my joining a gym today for the sake of my mom's satisfaction. I haven't written any more of the essay. I've just been editing homes and towns on The Sims 3, music hunting on iTunes to find Au Revoir Simone, A Girl Called Eddy, and Maria Taylor, as well as browsing YouTube and finding charlieissocoollike singing on his ukelele, nerimon ridiculing the Twilight book, hilarious Old Spice guy q&a sessions, and a video of Jackie Evancho singing on America's Got Talent.

Frankly, I'm a bit bored. I ought to watch Inception again.

PS: William was fired already, hahaha. Silly William.

No comments: