2.21.2009

Maybe. Perhaps.

At this very moment, I feel awesome, approachable, miraculous, inspired, loved, and even energetic, despite it being 9:30 at night. I just had a gosh darn good day, considering. I got three awesome hugs today (from the same person), was told that I made their day, was high-fived and waved fanatically at, joked, and discovered a bodily breakthrough.

This discovery had to do with my being able to see the backs of my eyeballs by only looking up into the night sky. That probably sounds really weird, but I got another coworker to be able to see it, too. Basically I was out on my break and I was laying down on the benches outside looking up at the night sky. There were a bunch of lights glaring from the building above me, but one especially was just above me.

I was looking up at the stars and noticed a sort of blur wandering around in my range of vision. This sort of wandering is relative to if you accidentally look at the sun for a moment and are temporarily blind in an area of vision while it follows your eye around? Well, eventually I noticed that the image looked like a bunch of branches from a tree and realized that I was seeing the veins in the back of my eyeball. When I followed the image back and forth across my range of vision (it moved when I moved my eyes), it got clearer and I could distinctly see each vein.

It was totally awesome. I haven't been able to see it anywhere else besides that spot outside work and at night. I'm pretty sure it has to do with one source of light coming into your eyeball and then having a black backround to be able to see the reflection in your eye against. So if you're ever in a similar setting, try it out. It might be a bit difficult to start since it's hard to find what you're looking for, but it's totally worth the feeling of discovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like your blog :)

Scarlett said...

Wow.

Cool discovery.

Hmm. Could make for an interesting drawing.