I saw three movies recently, two at this old local theater that's actually pretty famous for some reason. One I saw with Granma, called "Moon". It was really, really interesting in a "whoa, okay then, huh?" kind of way. It was described to me as a movie about a man alone on a space station on the moon and he slowly goes insane. But there's a heck of a lot more to it than that, let me tell you.
The other movie I saw is "The Hurt Locker", which is basically just this gory action flick about a crazy reckless bomb specialist in Iraq. I don't want to make it sound like a bad movie, because it wasn't, but it was terrible. If that makes any sense? Probably not. You'll just have to see it to figure what I mean by that.
And of course, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I was pretty much stoked about it because it's Harry fargin' Potter, but my best friend since pre-school thought it was mediocre. There's just a couple of things that made absolutely no sense or should have been changed.
ie. The Burrow scene! WTF.
ie. The obviousness of the vanishing cabinet. Way too many hints.
ie. Remus and Tonks are together with no explanation.
ie. Funeral? WTF.
ie. Isn't Felix Felices gold?
ie. Harry is supposed to be an idiot.
ie. Hogwarts battle...?
BUT. Won-won and Luna were awesome like always, Lav was hilarious, Hermione wasn't completely terrible like she normally is, Harry as well. Snape was pretty rad. McLaggen was creepy. Slughorn should have been fatter. Draco was really skinny. McGonagall is aging terribly.
I think that's enough of that, ahem.
3 comments:
I still haven't seen HP! I was watching the first look on HBO, and it just further increased my desire to see it very SOOON!
I've always found Snape a "delicious" character. I love how you hang to his every word and his slow-sing-like way of speaking.
Movies are great, even ones I haven't seen, which would include all three you've seen recently.
I heard Moon was interesting but I am so picky about what I will pay theater price to see so maybe I will wait for dvd.
Sometimes a movie has a terrible subject but it is still a great movie. I get what you mean. One of my favorite movies is Hard Candy with Ellen Page and no one ever understand why I like it so much because it's about pedophilia but it is still filled with amazing actors, dialogue, etc. People miss out on alot of good movie because they are wary of uncomfortable material.
Anyways, I loved HBP. I am kind of a McGonogall worshipper but I agree they could have given her some better lighting. Lavender was brilliant.
Post a Comment