I could tell I had an odd dream last night, I just can't remember what it was about. I'm pretty sure it was a nightmare of some sort because I awoke startled and disoriented with my body clock all wrong. I thought it was about 3:00 in the morning, but it was only just past midnight. All I can ever remember from the dream is an image of being indoors, looking at a frosted glass window expanse across the wall. It was dark as if it were night time and there were blurred shadows of images streaking across the glass, like people running past quickly, and trees waving frantically as if caught in a hurricane.
The date went well enough. While I was on it, the reasons of why I hadn't dated for so long suddenly came back to me: they're always awkward at some point. But besides those inevitable awkward bits, at least there was laughter and intentions of seeing each other again under more relaxed circumstances.
New things I learned about him:
1. He did get that tattoo he designed with the rawring dinosaur. Harhar. I didn't see it, though, he only mentioned that he did get it.
2. He is a huge Harry Potter fan too, and has read the books several times over.
3. He has the same birthday as Harry Potter. HAHAHA.
4. He wakeboards and intends on inviting me next time he goes.
5. He has a sort of obsession about trying to look cool all the time.
6. He likes the fact that I don't talk unless I have something to say. LOL.
7. He's still immature enough to watch cartoons. Yay.
8. He's chivalrous enough to remember to open the door for me.
9. He seems to have approximately the same taste in music as I do.
One thing I didn't realize until after I was back home: he didn't ever ask about me, to get to know me better. Hmm... concerned. Although, maybe he's just like me in a sense that I don't normally exert a lot of energy to get to know people, and I'm stepping out of bounds when I'm asking about him. Usually I just find out about people when they decide to tell me about themselves. Eh, I don't know.
I am unusually sleepy, though. Usually I can last through the day. Maybe it was that nightmare or something. I don't know. I have tomorrow off from work though, so I'll go to bed early and sleep in tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get my favored minimum of eleven hours.
3 comments:
Hmm. Well, perhaps next time, he'll be more comfortable in asking you questions. Or just take the initiative and tell him things you would write in an "about me." (:
Obsessed with looking cool? I'm glad to hear he's a Harry Potter fan and watches cartoons! There is no age limit to watching and enjoying 2D animation.
He might have been nerouvs. When you are wondering what to talk about sometimes the topic of oneself seems easiest. You usually know alot about yourself.
He sounds pretty awesome. Wakeboarding and HP fan? Gahhh-I die!
If he continues to talk about himself then he might be a bit self centered but see where things go. I'm sure it was just first date jitters and he went home thinking, "I should have asked her more about herself!" and then promptly facepalmed himself.
aw thats so cute.
i love the fact he is in to all the 'geeky stuff' like hp and cartoons! its really sweet.
he sounds nice.
:D
Post a Comment