7.07.2009

Sorry about the fangirlish squees.

Oh, hello.

That was my attempt at acting like I didn't know you were there. I obviously failed miserably.

SO. On Sunday, I finally had a shift overlap with my crush. He works outside and I work inside, so when I was all fine and dandy time-wise inside, I decided that "I should probably go and sweep up outside, you know, in case it's dirty and everything" and sidled out the door with a broom, dustpan, and shifty eyes.

That was my attempt at acting inconspicuous. I obviously failed miserably.

Then, oh, what do you know, there he was. He waved fanatically at me and I almost burst into laughter he looked so cute, but I just waved back with a big ol' smile on my face. Gah, I missed his smile so much. So we talked for a brief moment before he lifted up his shirt a little bit to show me how sunburned he got... riiiight. More like to torment me.



Anyway, then he had to leave to go back to work. I continued on with the sweeping and chatted up one of my coworkers who was on her break when I noticed my crush walking back towards me again, just to say, "I don't have anyone to wave at anymore" and asked me how long I'd be doing morning shifts for.

Awww! He misses me, he must.

I told him to take his break when I get off from work, so we met up then and he sat with me as I ate. He said he graduated from college with a fine arts major after six years, so I'm thinking he's probably around 24 years old assuming he just graduated. That's fine with me. Anyway, I gave him the address to my art website. We'll see what he says. I should get a brief encounter tomorrow when I clock out and he clocks in.

I fahreakin' hate morning shifts.

3 comments:

Scarlett said...

Cute.
Adorable.
This entry made me giggle and smile.
His jaw is going to drop when he sees your fantastic artwork.

Lizzie said...

He sounds like your kind of man and if he doesn't appreciate your art, he's crazy. But crazy can be good?

Sorry you only see each other on the rare occasion...must really bite. Can't wait to hear how this develops, though. You write about it so well.

:]

Kait said...

He is definitely sending you some vibes! He seems so nice and sweet and Lizzie is right he'd be insane not to love your art.

love that shirt : D

I want someone to fanatically wave at me...sigh.