
by Mari
The last two days in this house were spent just to myself. My folks were out of town and my brother was staying at a friend's house. The whole atmosphere of the house seemed to change when there wasn't anyone else there--a bit eerie. Perhaps the house is haunted? My brother saw a ghost here once.
ANYWAY! I've been fairly productive. Granted, I haven't written a single word more on my interest statement for medical dosimetry programs whose applications are due December 1st, BUT! I went to school to buy my textbooks for the fall semester as well as a parking permit. I paid my bills. I read the new Naruto chapter. I got my tire pressure checked because the light was on. I watched Kick-Ass (it was really, really funny). AND! I went to AAA for some discounted tickets to Six Flags.
Yep, I'm going to Six Flags tomorrow. With a friend of mine, her name is Jade. Cool name. I might name one of my kids Jade some day.
The other day I was in the break room, minding my own business, sitting at the table in the corner kicking sudoku's ass, when one of my coworkers whom I do not often converse with was compelled to inform me that I have been asked about.
"Yeah? By who?"
"One of the new hires. William."
"Huh."
"He was asking if you were taken. I didn't know. Just thought I should tell you."
Well. Now every time I see this dude at work, I'm wondering what to do and experimentally how long it would take for him to chat me up more than "So... sudoku, huh?"
Don't really know anything at all about him, except that he's had four years of college. So. Yep. *cough*
Anyone looking forward to "Vampires Suck"? I know I am.
4 comments:
Hurray for productiveness!
I've never been to a Six Flags. I hope you have a good time! I've only been to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Epcot and Disney World.
Jade is a very pretty name. I knew a girl named that in middle school. Her older sister was named Amber.
William, eh? I guess we shall see if anything develops. :)
I like staying home alone. It's nice to feel relaxed sometimes :)
My house feels weird since my sister is at camp. I miss that kid. She's coming back on Friday though. YAY
Jade is a cool name. You know what other name is cool (for a boy)? Creed. I've been watching The Office, too much. One of the character's name is Creed, and I like it.
William ;)
Definitely not looking forward to "Vampires Suck" I heard the only funny scenes are in the trailer themselves. Maybe my friend is wrong (she got to see an early screening).
RE: At least my high school in Florida, yes, you may not get the class(es) you wanted. It is possible the school administration decided that you need to be in an art class if you hadn't earned your fine arts credit yet and other stuff like that.
New this year is something called the "class size amendment." I believe it's part of Bush's brilliant No Child Left Behind federal program. Fewer kids in the classroom supposedly equates to greater success, which I suppose is true but means once a certain period has been filled with 25 kids, the 26th that may have signed up will be stuck in another class that had too few.
I hope that makes sense. I'm always terrible at explaining things.
Post a Comment