12.21.2008

Time to keel over into a puddle of mush.

I mentioned the other day that I was making friendship bracelets for some folks at work. Basically for the keychain ones I made them up as I went along and they turned out pretty wicked. I've made a bracelet for my Edward Cullen, too, and I gave it to him today. He was stolling on by when I was working and I rushed over to give him his bracelet (it's the second one):



"Hi! I finished your... thing!"
"Wow, it looks great. Looks like it took ten hours."
"Hah, no, not quite ten hours."
"How do I get this on?"

He stuck out his wrist for me to tie it on for him. I was hyperventilating and shaking out of nervousness about actually (finally) touching the man--however minimal the contact may be--and apologized for my fingers freezing, so hopefully he thought it was because of the cold. The bracelet only just fit, and I'm glad because I couldn't have made it any longer anyways. He left to clock out, I assume, and came back when I was working and asked me what my plans were for the future--if I was planning on staying at this work place a while or not. It's funny, I was so close to quitting this past summer. I absolutely hated it there, but now there are so many people that I wouldn't want to leave. But I said that I'm definitely not going to be around there forever. I'm sure he won't either. He's got dreams, too.

No comments: