1.01.2009

Another, newer year.

Not that I participated in the celebration, I bid you all a happy new year. I'm surprised I even stayed up until midnight, but I was in the middle of watching The Notebook for the first time. It was such a sweet story. Anyway, I knew when midnight came around because there was a sudden succession of loud bangs and other noises, which was really distracting me from the movie. Freakin' hooligans.

Today I'm playing soccer with my Dad. He's visiting for a few days. We're going to see movies, go out to eat, go shopping, and on the 3rd we're going to drive a ways to visit my brother as well, since he didn't come by for Christmas. It rather irked me that he doesn't want to see me anymore. At least, that's one of my interpretations of his recent behavior.

I feel kind of bad, though, about my mom. I guess the other day I accidentally accepted plans today to go shopping and see a movie with her, not realizing that it was the day my dad was coming by. So now she's here at home with no plans when she could have joined my step dad in cycling in the mountains. She was kind of sore at me for a couple of minutes but I turned her around a little bit. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. I haven't played soccer in so long, I think I'd rather go shopping and see a movie with her than play. I'm just not in very good shape right now, I guess.

Wish me luck with that, anyway.

No comments: