1.11.2009

Oh, an inside joke. How lovely for you both.

Funny story, my boss was talking about my skin today to a coworker. She was saying how it's milky white and perfect. Yeah, what?

So, about my camera? My dad ordered everything I asked for! I get to have all those cool lenses and filters and the tripod... I'm freakin' excited, to say the least. I guess it should arrive within a week or so. Oh, how I tremble with anticipation. And then he asked what I want for my birthday. Haha, I would glomp him if he weren't 350 miles away. Corel Painter X has been giving me trouble, seeing as I had never really gotten used to using it. I've been relying on Photoshop Elements to do all of my digital coloring, instead. My tablet notebook only really works properly with Painter, though, so I asked him for a how-to book. The program is so complex; I have no idea how to use anything. Oh, and I also asked for two small artist models for my drawing. My mom had already gotten me a rather large one on a stand, but it's unfortunately inflexible and therefore mostly useless. Sad, yes. I don't have the heart to tell her.

My mom was on her bike in the living room. That sentence sounds hilarious, but the bike's really set up as a trainer, so you can ride indoors when it's frigid outdoors. Anyways, she had a movie on called Harold and Maude, which was made in the early 70's. I had to start watching it because everything going on was just so obscure. Harold would continously stage suicides in front of his mother in order to get a rise out of her, but she'd act as though he was just standing there instead of hanging himself, or stabbing himself with a samurai's dagger, or setting himself on fire. Oh, and he goes to funerals and drives a hearse because death fascinates him. Then he meets this old woman named Maude and he finally finds a friend who is weirder than he is. It's really a good story, especially with all of their peculiar behaviors. I recommend watching it.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sounds like an interesting movie-I will have to rent it :) One of my friends wants a tablet really bad- I have heard they are pretty cool.