Merry Christmas Eve.
I don't really celebrate Christmas like most people do. My family tends to open presents on Christmas Eve rather than on Christmas day. I mean, we're not religious, so who cares? I find it fascinating how a Christian celebration is also "celebrated" by non-Christian folks. Christmas for the non-Christians is a sort of Santa Claus day rather than a Jesus Christ day, I believe, in order to celebrate joy, giving, and family, rather than the "birth" of a savior.
I'm kind of happy tonight because we've finally lit a fire in the fireplace after all of these (five) years of living here. I walked in after work at about seven o'clock and found that fire roaring with a furry rug layed in front of it, the Christmas lights framing the window, and an old black and white movie flickering on the television. It was very nice. And I got the artist's model that I was asking for! I think it will be very useful for when I get back to attempt drawing figures. My parents really liked the heating/massaging back cushion I got them, which I'm glad, because it's nonrefundable and expensive. My mom sat in it for an excessive thirty minutes. Yay. I even got to sneak the cat into the house while my mom (mildly allergic to most kitties) was napping on the furry rug.
Well, I'm rather tired. It's adios, goodnight, and Merry Christmas for when tomorrow comes.
2 comments:
I'm Catholic and I don't see Christmas as a religious day. Just a day to watch Christmas movies/episodes on cartoon network or the hallmark channel or abc family. Oh, I also open my gifts on Christmas eve. I don't even wait till midnight. I opened my gifts exactly at 5:30 yesterday. So yeah.
Merry Christmas!
I drew my friend a picture as one of her gifts. She loves flapjack so I drew her four different flapjacks. She loved it. Anyhow, I was going to scan the picture and then post it . But I decided against it. Drats! It was a pretty good picture, too.
The perfume is called Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka. It's purple and apple shaped. My dad was going to go get for me but when he smelled it he said it's for old ladies. His opinion doesn't count, I think it smells AH-May-Zing.
Go and give it a sniff.
Post a Comment